Retro Challenge 2017/04 Day21-23

Time for a better monitor!


My neck was taking a toll having the TV on top of my desk.  There is no room to have it lower so another option was needed.  I had an under the counter LCD TV/DVD in the kitchen that we no longer used so I re-purposed it to the computer room..  It is awesome!  The screen is sharp and clear.  The position is perfect!  I am very pleased with this change!

The disk copying was not going well.  In desperation I tried changing my 1541 to the "UI-" setting and instantly unreadable disks were coming over without any issues!  The "UI-" speeds the drive up a bit to match a 1540 and it has made all the difference in the world!  Now I can copy over entire disks to the SD2IEC with virtually no errors.  The few files that seem to be problem files copy fine when I move them separately. I had to @0: save the files but there were only a few to copy.



I was able to get through all the disks and now on the SD2IED card I have a grand total of 753 files recovered from all of our tapes and floppies!  I moved the files over to my desktop PC.  I ran VICE and can play all the files on the emulator.  I have been collecting PRG files for some time from the Internet and now they too are on the SD card.  This gives me a grand total of 2836 files for my VIC-20 system.  Now to play ALL the games!

Comments

  1. Sounds like some of the diskettes were originally written using a 1540 drive? Good idea UI!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog