Retro Challenge 2017/04 Day 03

OK - The external cleaning is complete.  I have a bunch of stuff but a few parts may be missing such as one of the 9VAC power adapters but maybe it will show up. I have one power adapter to start with for now.  There were two additional VIC-20 systems but they are not in good shape so I will keep them as spares.  Time has not be kind to them.

In one of the boxes there must be over 100 cassette tapes both commercial and personal.
Also a box of unopened generic 5 1/4 floppies and a disk box filled with floppies.

I now have many books on the 1541 as well as various manuals and the Intro to Basic Part I with cassettes.

I have a lot to work with!

Here is a photo gallery of most of what I have:

VIC-20 System from Judy's dad
Side View - 2-Pin version


Our ordinal VIC-20
I will have to find the power adapter - I know is must be around here somewhere...


The RCA connector was a modification to allow us to print to a Model 33 Teletype.
It used a current loop to communicate to the printer.
I wish I still had that machine!

I have a 3rd older style but it too is in poor shape and will need more TLC.
Look at the machine on the left.  The markings are from where the cable began to melt into the plastic.

So that is why...

MPS803 - I even have a box of fan fold tractor feed paper but the attachment to the printer is nowhere to be found.

VIC-1520 Plotter-Printer - I have 4 rolls of paper.

I have many rolls of paper and ribbons.




This shows the Styrofoam stuck on the cables. I used Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
to remove the mess - It helped to soften and dissolve the attached  glue like material.

Two TVs - No Idea what their condition might be but they look good.




Many game cartridges



This will prove to be very interesting! 

I remember adding the addition RAM to this 8K cartridge back in the day!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog